Inland and Homestead Townships formed a Joint Planning Commission in February of 2007. Consists of nine members (five from Inland and four from Homestead) appointed by the Township Supervisor, and each member serves a 3-year term.
- Creates and adopts a Master Plan to guide the township’s future land use patterns
- Creates and adopts other related plans and studies
- Reviews and approves most development proposals – some proposals require final approval by the Township Board
- Makes recommendations on rezoning requests
- Drafts and makes recommendations on zoning ordinance refinements and updates
- Makes recommendations on other general law ordinances, as needed
- Planning Commission meetings are open to the public, and all are encouraged to attend to have a voice in your government.
Joint Planning Commission meets the 3rd Tuesday of the Month. Meetings are cancelled if there is no business. Please call to verify or check the CALENDAR for updates.
Planning Commission Members
- Nellie Thomas
- Mary Miller
- Jim Clark
- Laura Turmel
- Paul Huffman
- Doug Durkee
- Gary Macchioni
- Jeff Sandman
- Mike Mead
This page last updated on 9/3/2019.